Hello,

I'm working on a multi-lingual site. I'm using django-multilingual for
translating the content and I've set up a url scheme with a language code as
the first part of the url (e.g.,  "/en/pages/about/"), as I'd like users to
explicitly select their language.

I'm also using django's set_language redirect view to move between the
different language versions of the same page. This works fine.

The problem I'm facing is how to set the django's system language when
accessing a page via a url - by this I mean, for example, how to get string
translation (e.g., using the templates "trans" thing). For example, when
using a "/en/..." url I want to explicitly, in code, set the language to
English, and when using a "/he/..." url I want to be able to set the language
to Hebrew, and get strings translated. Unfortunately, I couldn't get this to
work so far. It seems django has an algorithm for selecting the language,
based on user's browser settings or cookies,  and I cannot force it to use
the language I want.

I hope I managed to make myself clear, and thanks in advance for any idea,

Amit