I'm currently working on custom-built CMS that will be used to power a
local community website.

Two of the biggest requests we've had for the new system are API
support (quite a ways down our upcoming features list, but coming
nonetheless) to allow posting from third-party applications and
widgets, and posting via email (or SMS, though we'd be quite content
with just email).

Has anyone worked with processing inbound email messages through
Django? If so, can you offer any tips, tricks, or examples that may
help me with developing this further?

Joe