On 7/17/07, Giovanni Giorgi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have used the subprocess module with success.
> I have used it only on command line based script under Linux, but I
> think it can work inside mod_python.
> If you plan to use it I suggest you to reboot the apache one a day, to
> prevent yourself againt resource and/or memory leaks.

I did some searching on the archives (something I should have done in
the first place, D'oh!) and found threads with similar problems. The
thing is that while spawning subprocesses work fine on command line
Python programs, it looks like it's a big no-no while under mod_python
because lots of funky stuff can happen.

So it looks like I'm off to write a simple XML-RPC server that will to
handle spawning subprocesses.
--
_nimrod_a_abing_

http://abing.gotdns.com/