Hello,

Here it is the part of the documentation you are looking for:
http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/templates_python/#subclassing-context-requestcontext
This is an extract of the part that you are looking:
    If you're using Django's render_to_response() shortcut to populate
a template with the contents of a dictionary, your template will be
passed a Context instance by default (not a RequestContext). To use a
RequestContext in your template rendering, pass an optional third
argument to render_to_response(): a RequestContext instance. Your code
might look like this:

    def some_view(request):
        # ...
        return render_to_response('my_template.html',
                                  my_data_dictionary,

context_instance=RequestContext(request))

I hope that help.