I was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem before.

I have a search screen where I use a SplitDateTimeField widget.

It seems that I get the following error when I do the is_valid
function

The error is

TypeError at /resultsdb/
expected string or buffer
Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://127.0.0.1:8000/resultsdb/
Exception Type: TypeError
Exception Value: expected string or buffer
Exception Location: c:\python25\lib\_strptime.py in strptime, line
307
Python Executable: c:\Python25\python.exe
Python Version: 2.5.0

if request.GET:
        new_data = request.GET.copy()
        print 'new_data is ', new_data
        form = SearchForm(new_data)

        if form.is_valid():

Here is a snippet of my form declaration

executionstartdate = forms.DateTimeField(required=False,
widget=forms.widgets.SplitDateTimeWidget)

Thanks,
Jeff