I am on a shared hosting environment, and am attempting to make use of
the textile filter. I have installed the textile library in $HOME/lib/
python2.3/site-packages, which is on my $PATH, and my $PYTHONPATH. I
can import textile through the python interactive interpreter and
execute it correctly. However, when I place 'django.contrib.markup'
into my INSTALLED_APPS, and add the textile filter to my template tag,
Django throws this error:

          Error in {% textile %} filter: The Python textile library
isn't installed.

Since I couldn't get textile to work, I've since tried Markdown.
Again, I installed it into $HOME/lib/python2.3/site-packages, can
import it through the interpreter, but cannot use it in my Django
templates.

If anybody could offer my any advice on how to get it working properly
I would greatly appreciate it.