Nevermind....got it figured out.  All I have to do is call
'checkout_form.htm' template again if my form is not valid.  And then
within my 'checkoutform.htm' template add some if statements to make
sure they don't have any errors by using the following line.

{% if fo.b_firstname.errors %}What you want to display if an error
happens{% endif %}