I don't know what do you mean by "transactions" in case of full-text
search engine as it doesn't do any multi-step updates (only single-
step deletes or inserts in case of PyLucene).

Anybody who wants to use PyLucene, be aware that you cann't embed (iow
"use", "import") PyLucene in your Django application code if your web
server is either forking or threadinig one. You have to build a
service that is separated from any threading or forking. Does it still
seems reasonable to anybody? Well, if yes, welcome to pylucene-dev
mailing list. ;)