Hi,there.I'm a young tester (4 months,still learning what is "testing
 software!?!"). I work on Linux and i write my tests with Python.
    Our assignment is to build a module from our 'BIG' program that
 have to be able to edit xls files, without using MSExcel, OpenOffice
 or something like that, just using python.I work with two colleagues
 which are more experienced than me in programming and in the
 assignment we got they are exploring python modules that can edit and
 produce xls files.Off course i am testing and have to compare two
 "xls" files , one made by MSExcel and other made by  a module that can
 edit and produce an xls file.Actually i'm not sure that this is way is
 the  write one, but it's the only one i can think of.

 The reason of writing this is that this week all the people that are
 supposed to teaching me are on а holiday, so there's nobody else who
 can help me here.
 My English is not very good but i hope you can understand the meaning
 of all this and i'll be glad if you can help me with this
 assignment.Don't worry, there are no money for me to gain from this
 assignment.It's purpose is just teaching me test software.

 Thanks in advance!