OK, this is baffling.  Tonight I've been working locally adding a new
app to my project.  I got enough of it going and wanted to publish to
my server.  So I updated via SVN on my server, ran validate to check
for errors, then ran syncdb, the models got installed, I reloaded
Apache and logged into the admin and the new app and models aren't
showing up.

To troubleshoot, I've done all of the following:

* Check my settings.py to see that the app is listed there.
* Reload and restart Apache multiple times.
* Clear my browser cache.
* Try a different browser.
* Check validation again.
* Check database tables exist by using ./manage.py dbshell (it's
there)
* Use ./manage.py shell and import the app from the command line (it
works)
* Create a new record in the shell and save it (that worked too)
* Tested closing the shell, opening it again, and pulling out the
record I just added (that works)
* Tried going to where it should be "/admin/appname/modelname/" and
get a 404.

But for the life of me I can't figure out why the app isn't appearing
in the admin.  What's left to check?  What's the process Django goes
through to determine if something shows up in the admin?

(I have a feeling I'm missing something amazingly stupid.)

Thanks,
Rob