you shouldn't limit your chances so much

"must be US citizens with no criminal history"

that's half the americans gone for starters :-)

Why live in New York?

People can do this from anywhere in the world.  You use cutting edge
technology like django, good choice, but you're not prepard to use cutting
edge work methods, bad choice.

See alot of these, they'll learn one day.