On 8/29/07, Michael Radziej <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 29, patrickk wrote:
>

> > I just changed
> > self._cache.set(key, value, timeout or self.default_timeout)
> > self._cache.set(smart_str(key), value, timeout or
> > self.default_timeout)
> > in memcached.py
> > and it seems to work.
> >
> > Don´t know if that´s a proper solution though.
>
> Me either ;-) It's probably not the full solution.
>
> But please file a ticket so this doesn't get lost (with reference to this
> thread).

Well, this is the error I suspected, but it now occurs to me that I'm
not sure what version or rev of Django is being used here.

Trunk already had this fixed:
http://code.djangoproject.com/changeset/5718

patrickk, if you're trying to use unicode (especially urls) without
using a version after rev 5609 (0.96 was something like rev 4800),
then you're likely to run into other problems.