You mean an error telling you that you need to set the
DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE environment variable? Or something else?

os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE']='mysite.settings'

right at the top of your script (after the #! and the import for os ;) )
should solve this.

Then you should probably also add the parent directory of your project
to sys.path :-)

- Horst