On 9/19/07, tonybanjo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm configuring a new server that needs to run a standard website
> alongside a Django application. Everything is installed correctly but
> browsing to the site goes straight to the Django app, I can't see the
> main site at all as it seems Django takes over.
>
> What I'd like to do is have a URL like this;
>
> http://www.mysite.com - the main website and this for the Django app;
>
> http://register.mysite.com
>
> The Apache config is default except for this added in the virtual
> sites section at the end of httpd.conf;
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>          # edit if changed
>          ServerName garritan.centos
>          AcceptPathInfo Off
>          <Location />
>              SetHandler python-program
>              PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
>              SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE garritan.settings
>              SetEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/lib:/usr/pgsql/lib
>              PythonDebug On
>
>              # edit if paths change:
>              PythonPath "['/opt/'] + sys.path"
>          </Location>
>
>          # edit if paths change
>          Alias /media /opt/garritan/media
>
>          # this says, for static content, use apache
>          <Location /media>
>                  SetHandler None
>                  Satisfy Any
>                  Allow from All
>          </Location>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> I have tested it by running the Django app on another port and this
> works fine but it isn't how I want it to work. Any help on this would
> be greatly appreciated.
>
> Tony

I've done this in the past by using a LocationMatch directive instead
of Location, as I had existing PHP applications which were also in use
on the same server:

    <LocationMatch "^/(admin|release_archive)/">
      SetHandler python-program
      PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
      SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE projects.settings
    </LocationMatch>

It helped that the Django app I was running had all its URLs mapped to
start with "release_archive".

Jonathan.