2007/9/25, Michael Radziej <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > You can here dowload the workflow engine contrib; a demo django
> > project is included
> > http://django-goflow-en.blogspot.com/
> Oops, French--
> It would be very nice to have an English description, at least a short
> description. I can read a tiny bit of French, but, pardon, it's way too much
> for
> me.

I don't understand your problem: nearly everything's in English.

Perhaps you'd like to read the OpenFlow intro:
http://www.openflow.it/Documentation/documentation/OpenFlowIntroduction
As far as I understand GoFlow tries to be very close to OpenFlow.

But regarding myself:
Is this the right place to ask questions about GoFlow?

I'm just trying to create some kind of job tracker for my employer, a printshop.
The manager would like to assign print jobs to the printers,
bookbinders etc. and they should be able to get a list of their
assignments and mark them as active and done.

So we have:
- jobs/orders that may contain different parts (e.g. magazine content and cover)
- machines/workplaces that can do one action (e.g. print, fold,
collect, package, deliver)
- employees that may work at several machines/workplaces (=roles; e.g.
printers may work at different printing and embossing machines)
- activities depend on each other (e.g. cut paper, print part 1, print
part 2, collect...)
- every order may contain a different set of activities (e.g. only
print or full range magazine production or lettershop or ...)
- it would be nice if we could list assignments per workplace or per person

Is such possible to implement with GoFlow?
Maybe a document based workflow would be a better approach? (I'm
thinking of some JDF integration...)

Another difficulty may be that we need some kind of priorization and
time tracking, i.e. every order has some deadline, every action needs
some (pre-guessable) time, and the manager wants to be able to change
the priority of jobs, so that the work list order changes for every
workplace. Of course, if some activity is already running, he can't
change it - but the following steps.

Last week I found frePPLe (http://www.frepple.com), a production
planning library.  It also provides a django integration. I managed to
compile and install it on a spare Linux machine, but I simply don't
understand what it really does (or should do) and if it would fit my
needs...

Greetlings from Lake Constance,
Hraban