hi francis -

Francis Lavoie wrote:
> I have a page that list products. These products are in different
> categories, some belongs to other products (like addons). But I need to
> sort them as the most important product is at the top. The problem is
> that I can't come up with a good solution. I though to add an sorting
> (int) field. But it seem to be too complicated to manage. How to switch
> the sorting number in the admin interface, etc..
>
> Is there something in django that can automatically manage that kind of
> stuff (maybe I miss it in the doc)? Or any hint for a better solution
> will be helpful.

you're not missing anything; this functionality isn't packaged with
django.  if i'm not mistaken it *is* built into the newforms-admin
branch (can anyone correct me?).

for the time being, i have a hacked together little app for my own
projects that provides a couple of generic views for sorting, which i
just now packaged together and wrote some light documentation for:
http://dai5ychain.net/jake/2007/09/27/a-simple-django-sorting-app/

hope it's useful!

best,
jake