Hello,
I want to create a list that can be updated from within a part of a
view and retreived from another part of a view.  Here is my view.py
file

from django.shortcuts import render_to_response, get_object_or_404

mysearchlist = []

def searchresult(request):
    if request.method == 'POST':
        mysearchlist = [1,2,3,4,5]
    if request.method == 'GET':
         assert False, mysearchlist

Here is basically my view (I've taken out most of the text).  The post
will always be called first.  So I want my code from within the post
to update my global variable 'mysearchlist'.  Then when I get to the
assert statement from within the GET I won't get the error:

UnboundLocalError at /plush/searchresult/
local variable 'mysearchlist' referenced before assignment

Does anybody know to do this?

Thanks