I've got an app where I'd like to set some properties in an object's
save method based on ManyToMany relationships. I now realize that this
doesn't work (at least through the Django admin), because the
AddManipulator saves the object, and then saves the m2m relations
afterwards. Basically this is the same issue as [1].

I'm wondering if Malcolm's reply in that thread is still the case
(that a workaround would mean a custom manipulator), or if anyone else
has other ideas. If a custom manipulator is my best bet, how would I
do that? It seems like I would be trying to replace the automatic
AddManipulator with my own and just do extra stuff in the
manipulator's save() method, but how do I spell that?

Oh, it would probably help to mention that I'm on 0.96. Not sure if
newforms-admin would help here or not, but either way it's not really
relevant to me right now.

[1]
http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/99680b69d2d4799c/07093d3695163269

Thanks,