Rob,
Thanks for the reply.  In looking at that link I found out about the
Paginator Tag.  Which I think is what I need.  However, in reading the
documenation about that tag.  It says 'To be used in conjunction with
the object_list generic view.'  I am not using a generic view.  I have
the following code in my view:

page = int(page) -1
posts = ObjectPaginator(request.session['test'], 1)

return render_to_response('search.htm', {
'posts':posts.get_page(page),
'page':page+1,
'next':posts.has_next_page(page),
'prev':posts.has_previous_page(page),
'start': posts.first_on_page(page),
'finish': posts.last_on_page(page),
'pages': posts.page_range}
)

I'm kinda lost in reading the documentation about the Paginator Tag.
I put a assert statement in my paginator function, however when I
accessed the template the assert statement never happened.  Also, what
is '{% spaceless %}'.  They say to put that in the template?

Thanks for any help