Hi all,
I've been using the Django management module to output data from my
database in JSON format. This summer I asked some questions about the
changes in the call management.dump_data to
management.call_command('dumpdata',) and got good help and got it
working.

Now that I try to run my database management script again, I can't get
it to work. It outputs my JSON structure on screen, and won't return
data as a datastring to process.

This is how I used to do it before the change:
str_datadump = management.dump_data(['kth'], format='json', indent=2)

Then I changed to this:
str_datadump = management.call_command('dumpdata', str_application,
format='json', indent=2)

The result of the last line is a proper JSON output to the screen and
a str_datadump that is 'None'

Am I doing something wrong here? If I want to send the resulting JSON
data to a file, or capture it in a variable for further processing
before writing it to a file, what syntax should I use?

I am using the repository version of Django and am at revision: 6603

Regards,
Ulf