On 10/26/07, mamcxyz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>     self.assertContains(self.response,u'Buscar:')
>   File "D:\Programacion\Python\Python24\lib\site-packages\django\test
> \testcases.py", line 111, in assertContains
>     real_count = response.content.count(text)
> UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position
> 162: ordinal not in range(128)

What's the type and value of "request.content"?  What's the type and
value of "text" ?

> I must note that:
>
> settings.py have:
>
> LANGUAGE_CODE = 'es-CO'
> FILE_CHARSET = 'iso-8859-1' //with utf-8 I get a lot more

Err, your comment seems to suggest you're just switching the CHARSET
parameter as a guess.  The files really *are* in some specific
charset, and the setting needs to agree.  :-/

...And what rev were you at before 6601?