On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 20:47 +0000, SmileyChris wrote:
> Sounds like you want something like threading.local
> It's not my area of expertise, but you may be able to pick up some
> hints on how to use it from
> http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/CookBookThreadlocalsAndUser

That will only work if everything is in the same process. If your
webserver launches multiple Django applications as different processes,
you need to use some for of persistence. Either save it to the database
or a file (normally the solution would include "or use shared memory",
but there isn't a standard shm module in Python, unfortunately).

Regards,
Malcolm

--
I don't have a solution, but I admire your problem.
http://www.pointy-stick.com/blog/