I need to send email to a set of users. for now, let's assume all.

What I have in mind:

class MessageTemplate(models.Model):
     subject = models.CharField(maxlength=60, blank=False)
     body = models.TextField()

User enters subject and body, hits "Save/Send" and some view code spins through
the auth_user table sending to .email.

Or anything close.  I have sent email from other languages, never python/django.

I have not really decided what the procedure will be, some of that is driven by
what makes the code clean.  I have a feeling the "Enter message" will be a
separate step.  Then there will be "send message X to users" with some way of
specifying what message to send.   and of course a log of who got sent what.
and it won't be every user, it will be all users in a group, and all users
listed in some other query, etc.

Just found
http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/email
which may be all I need, but some real examples and tips are always welcome.

Carl K