Can anyone tell me if there is any current news about MS SQL support?
I am looking at frameworks for a client, and my preference is really
to go the Django route. The plan will be to migrate over time from an
asp environment with an MS SQL back end. So basically I am stuck
having to use MS SQL for a while, and no support for it in Django will
unfortunately be a show stopper. We will eventually migrate the
databases to an Open Source alternative, but that is not an option at
the start.

I have successfully connected to MS SQL via TurboGears and Elixir/
SQLAlchemy, so I know it is possible via python, and I realize that
most people here are not that interested in dealing with MS software.
I have also looked at the latest tickets, but they really don't say
anything definitive, although there appears to be some work being done
on it.

I know this is an Open Source project, so it is hard to put schedules
and dates to specific things, but if anyone can give me a realistic
guess at when this support will be included (assuming it will be), I
would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Peter