On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 06:26 -0700, jim wrote:
> Hello,
>   I have a form that accepts some data. If the data is invalid, the
> server side validation should detect this, redirect to the original
> url and display error messages.

I think your design is a bit backwards here. try to avoid using a
redirect. Why doesn't the view processing the form know which URL to
display and why can't it do this directly (fill in the form template and
return that as the result)?

Often you can organise things so that doing a GET on the form URL
displays the form and doing a POST to the same URL submits the data.
Then, if the form submission is successful, you can redirect (because
the follow-up is a GET) to the target page you want them to end up at.
That's a pretty good design to aim for.

Regards,
Malcolm

--