On 11/2/07, crybaby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have @login_required decorator for the view function that handles
> this form and I am already logged in.
> I commented out the "def clean" from the form and when I submit the
> form field reason without a value, I get this error:
>
> Exception Type:         ValueError
> Exception Value:        The view
> django.contrib.auth.decorators._checklogin
> didn't return an HttpResponse object.

Well, what does your view code do in the case where form.is_valid() returns
False?  Based on the error it would seem it returns None  (_checklogin is
named simply because you've wrapped your function in it -- it's returning
whatever your view function returned).  Your view still needs to return an
HttpResponse object even when the form validation fails.

Karen