It's still a bit early in GeoDjango's life and functionality.
Conversation has been occasional and with a relatively small number of
participants.

I haven't heard any complaints about the topics for discussion.  I
agree that GIS stuff may be a bit out of scope for dj-u, but as it
pertains to bugs and features intended to land as a django contrib
some day, I'd prefer to keep the discussion in the main community in
the hopes that it'll produce a better package and more knowledge of
the code.

I'm happy to be corrected by a core contrib...