On Nov 9, 8:12 am, Florian Lindner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
> I use this line in my template:

> (geschrieben am == writen at)
>
> It produces output like "Wed, 26.9.07, 16:49"
>
> is there any way I can make this output German which means in this case to
> print Mi instead of Wed?

Have you tried the following?

{% load i18n %}
{{ entry.creationDate|date:_("D, j.n.y, H:i") }}

Note the use of _() around the date format to force a locale sensitive
output.

See the following doc where it mentions how translation hooks are
available inside templates:
http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/i18n/#in-template-code