I am a developing in django 0.96 and therefor don't have the option to
use form_for_model with fields, so having developed a custom form to
add users to the database am experiencing minor problems with model
validation.
so my form is this :

<code>
class UserForm(forms.Form):
        username = forms.CharField()
        first_name = forms.CharField()
        last_name = forms.CharField()
        email = forms.EmailField()
        password = forms.CharField()
</code>
I process the form by
<code>
        form = UserForm()
        if request.method == 'POST':
                form = UserForm(request.POST)
                if form.is_valid():
                        a=User()
                        for i,j in form.data.items():
                                setattr(a,i,j)
                        if not a.validate():
                                a.save()
</code>
if I remove the validation step, this works fine, how ever trying to
validate raises the error
Exception Value:        expected string or buffer
Exception Location:     c:\Python25\lib\_strptime.py in strptime, line
328

caused by the validation step... Am i just being thick?