Howdy,

A thought occurred to me today and I'm not 100% sure what Django does
by default...

Similar to the idea that PHP parses scripts for each request and
having an opcode cache can increase performance, I'm wondering if
Django reads templates from the file system, parses them, and then
does the context replacement on them for each and every request.  And
if so, would there be some optimization to be gleaned by caching the
parsed templates?  (Maybe optionally tied to DEBUG=False?)

Thanks,
Rob