I'm debating myself what could be best for the upcoming redesing of
www.paradondevamos.com in the area of rating & comments.

I know the comments framework have both, but I wonder for a site with
blogs & places related to enterteinment for 16-30 years old people
what could provide the best return (ie: enchance participation):

- Let rating & comment in one step or
- Comment & rating apart.

I think is best the second, maybe because people that hate writing
perhaps could rate. In the other hand, if simply rate but not say why,
the content get less valuable????

What do you think? Exist any emprirical proof?