Hello,

I wrote an my blog about the solution I have chosen perform what is
describes. To put it in a nutshell I am using a middleware to direct
the user to the language requested in the URL. I am not sure this
follow any "Best Practice":
http://yml-blog.blogspot.com/2007/12/django-internationalisation.html

May be this could help you.
--yml