Since I wrote that little guide Heather links to, I should point out
that while the mod_python bit works fine, the real problem on a
macbook with Leopard installed ends up being mysqldb (see
<http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/install/>). I never have
been able to successful compile a version of mysqldb that would work
with Leopard's default Apache and MySQL.

In the end I wanted to mirror my remote production setup as closely a
possible so I went ahead and installed my own Apache2, python 2.4 and
the rest (OS X 10.5 comes with python 2.5, which can cause problems
when your production environment is python2.4).

But if you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me.

cheers
sng
<http://luxagraf.net/>