I'm doing local development on XP, and with the exeception of this, it
has worked really well. In my settings.py, I have

MEDIA_ROOT = 'C:/worker/cms/media/'
MEDIA_URL = 'http://localhost:8000/docs/'
ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX = '/media/'

and then in a model:

imagefile = models.ImageField(upload_to="images/")

It gets uploaded to the right place, but calling get_imagefile_url on
an object returns the following URL

http://localhost:8000/docs//worker/cms/media/images/flat_hat_flathat.jpg

Which is obviously very wrong (the MEDIA_ROOT is not a public media
root in this situation or in the settings.py example, so I have no
idea why it's appended here)

Anyone experienced this or have any wisdom to share? Thanks for any
help.