Thanks, but...

"James Bennett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Jan 19, 2008 5:05 PM, Jim Crossley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> What's the common way of making unit tests use a different database
>> than what's in settings.DATABASE_{ENGINE,USER,PASSWORD,HOST,PORT}?
>
> http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/settings/#test-database-name

Yes, I knew I could override the NAME, but I'd like to override the
ENGINE,USER,PASSWORD,HOST, and PORT, too.  Our settings are configured
for mysql/innodb, to match our production environment.  But as our
test suite and initial_data grows, it takes a frustratingly long time
to run the tests.  I'd like to use the faster sqlite, but just for the
tests.  Can you suggest an approach?

Jim