2008/1/28 Ivan Illarionov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Models that need flexibility have `lang` and `is_translation_of`
> fields. Views (or custom managers) filter the output based on `lang`
> and add the link to other language if translation exists. Some models
> just have two separate text fields for each language and views (or
> custom managers) display the text from either one or another. Some
> content appears only in one language and is hardcoded into views/
> templates. My multilingual projects deal only with two languages:
> Russian and English - and don't have the goal to support more. I try
> to customize each language version of the site to reflect both
> cultural and local/international differences - any automagic solution
> will fail to do that.

Same here. I'm currently working on a German/English-site and also
just have for each field that's supposed to be multilingual actually 2
fields and an additional property for convenience:

class Document(models.Model):
    title_de = models.CharField(...)
    title_en = models.CharField(...)
    title = property(_get_title_for_current_language)

- Horst