On Jan 29, 1:02 pm, LRP <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The models documentation in the Django site
> (http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/model-api/)
> shows an admin screen for inputting articles.
>
> Simple enough, but suppose we need to style some of the text in the
> content field, e.g., italicize a word, display a string of words in
> boldface, etc.
>
> Does the person entering the text have to know how to insert the html
> styling tags? Or is there some other method  for handling text styling
> within a content block?

Use a textual markup language like Markdown, Textile, Restructered
Text. Django/ and Pythong support them perfectly. See
http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/UsingMarkup for some ideas.

You could also embed a WYSIWIG type Javascript editor. See
http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/CookBookAdminTools

-Rajesh