Hey,

I have three models but I can only handle the relationship between two
at any one time.

Basically I have a page that needs to show a threads the current
user's friends are currently participating in. I.E. something like
this:

Participating: Friend 1

Participating: Friend 1, Friend 2, Friend 3

Here are my models (both of which refer to the default Auth model):

----------------------------------
File: /people/models.py
----------------------------------

class UserProfile(models.Model):

        user            = models.ForeignKey(User, unique=True)
        friends = models.ManyToManyField(User, blank=True,
related_name='friend_set')

----------------------------------
File: /thread/models.py
----------------------------------

class Thread(models.Model):

        title           = models.CharField(maxlength=200)
        users   = models.ManyToManyField(User, related_name='users')

----------------------------------

Now here is my view file:

----------------------------------
File: /people/views.py
----------------------------------

def index(request):

        # get profile
        profile = get_object_or_404(UserProfile,
user__id__exact=request.user.id)

        # get friends for user
        friends = profile.friends.all()

        # get threads for friends
        ???????????

----------------------------------

As you can see, I don't know what to do now I need to get the threads
for each individual user. I don't need to group them in a special way,
I just want to print the threads my friends are currently
participating in an alphabetical list.

I did wonder if I should just edit the UserProfile model like this?

----------------------------------
File: /people/models.py
----------------------------------

class UserProfile(models.Model):

        user            = models.ForeignKey(User, unique=True)
        friends = models.ManyToManyField(User, blank=True,
related_name='friend_set')
        threads = models.ManyToManyField(Thread, blank=True,
related_name='thread_set')

Any ideas on how to do this? I'm guessing it's probably fairly basic
but I can't think how I would get around this at the moment (it's been
a long week!) ;)

Cheers,
Chris