Hi there,

It might not be exactly what you need, but there is Django Queue
Service (http://code.google.com/p/django-queue-service/)

I've implemented it in our django application to provide a queue
service to do backend processes.  Our app is a mercurial manager, and
I built a queue to handle our remote cloning requests.  There is a
queue called 'repoclone' and when a user creates on, this is the
workflow:

1. User creates request to clone remote repository
2. Django checks details are valid
3. Creates a message in the 'repoclone' queue
4. Django saves the instance of the repo details in the database with
created = False
5. Cron runs every 1 min, poping the next message off the queue
6. Django reads the queue JSON and decodes, grabs the repo information
from the database
7. Does the clone request
8. Updates the database to advise the clone has been created.

Hope that helps.

--
Tane Piper
Blog - http://digitalspaghetti.me.uk

This email is: [ ] blogable [ x ] ask first [ ] private