I am stuck trying to think through how to work something out. I want a
user to be able to create sections in an admin for a site. A user can
assign pages to a section. For instance, create the section About and
add the pages About Us and Contact and Staff.

That is all done. No problems. The part that is hard for me is
thinking through to Urls and Views.

This is kind of what makes sense to me:

If a slug contains just a page name... display the page detail. If a
slug contains a section name... display the section and any page
associated with it. Maybe a page list.. I have a different way to
designate the section homepage.

Anyways... I thought.. ooh, wrappers would work well here. What I need
is to create a wrapper that useses the generic.views.object_detail.
That is easy enough.

Problem is... how do I query other models based on many to many
relationships ... my head is swimming.

I realize this is alot. Can anyone suggest a direction to start
looking?

Specifically, i need help with:
1. How do I test to see what a slug is? I.E. In my case, is it a
section or a page.

Finally, am I barking up the wrong tree? Would it be simpler to just
write a custom view that does what I want? Any advice is much
appreciated.