Thanks.

Yours was one of the posts I discovered when I googled this but my
problem seemed to come out of nowhere and your report seemed to imply
a more reproducible issue. Is this problem intermittent or dependant
on what type of Django configuration you are using? (i.e. mod_python
vs Django dev server)

Anyway. I'll try your fix and report back.

thanks
AndyB