Hello,
Last week I have discovered that some of the apps composing PyCon
backend [2] have been exposed on "code.google.com". I am especially
interested by "django-survey" [1] since I have been working recently
on something similar [3]. I like how the survey from is built using
the newforms. I have been myself unable to do it and this even with
the several posts done around newforms.  :-(
I found two roadblocks on my way to do this. The first one is to be
able to present the choices with different widgets :
  * Radio List
  * Checkbox List
  * Combobox
  * ...
And  the second is to be able to change the layout of each widget. For
example I would like to be able to display the Radio List horizontally
and vertically.

The project actually available there [2] partially solved the first
issue but not the second. I try this afternoon to extend the foms.py
[4] to add ChoiceCheckbox :
"""
class ChoiceCheckbox(ChoiceAnswer):
    def __init__(self, *args, **kwdargs):
        super(ChoiceCheckbox, self).__init__(*args, **kwdargs)
        self.fields['answer'].widget =
CheckboxSelectMultiple(choices=self.choices)
"""
Then I have also edited a tuple and a dictionary to enable this new
type of question. And : "oh surprise  !!" I can now add this type of
question in the admin interface. The survey with this type of question
is nicely rendered but I am unable to submit it succesfully .  I am
getting this error message :
"""
Select a valid choice. That choice is not one of the available
choices.
"""

I hope that one of the core developers of "django-survey" is reading
this list. Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is a more
appropriate channel to discuss about django-survey.

--yml

[1] http://code.google.com/p/django-survey/
[2] https://pycon.coderanger.net/
[3] https://launchpad.net/django-survey