There's something that I don't really grasp about appengine models.

I see the similarities between them and django models, tho Django knows
where to look for them, and thus knows how to manage those classes.

Appengine has it's own stuff, and at the bottom of the django page it's
said that you don't need to run manage.py to setup the models. How does
this work then? Am I to write the models (in appengine-slang) and just
place them were I used to place django models? It really makes no
difference beside the import phrase if you place them elsewhere,
assumedly, but perhaps AE is just looking elsewhere or uses some
discovery system we should be aware of? I haven't (yet! still browsing)
seen any reference to this.

Okay, anything built on django models won't work. I don't care. I don't
use the admin interface but in the *very* early stages, as scaffolding,
and then build my own admin usually. And if AE provides consistent user
auth, there I have all I need to get building on AE and scrap hosting
headaches from my todo list.

I recon, it's early. Beta. Probably oob (out of beta) very soon (tm).
Like a couple years. But I'm in to start and get the hang of it. If
everything rolls, it's on to get The Standard Django Hoster for ages.

And even if it's non-free, if it once-and-forever takes the hassle of
setting up some hosting for django out of my life, I'll pay them in gold
bars!

I will continue traversing the docs and share anything I discover (tho
I'm sure not the first one, even from us on the list). And if you happen
to get one of those you-gotta-wait accounts, and have the valour to try
and get django up and running, please share the joy.

~ Chris