Hi all,

Ive been using Django for a while now, and there has been one page in
my application that has been running very slowly no matter what I do.
Im using Django 0.96.1.

The page in question renders approximately 8 tables, each with about
50 rows.
This does not seem like the kind of page that should take 5-7 seconds
to load
(timing from fasterfox).

The view in question uses three raw-sql queries so I am sure there are
no hidden
db performance caveats as they have all been profiled and run in the
millisecond range. I have inserted a few timing lines which yielded
the following:

The following shows the time elapsed between entering the view's
authentication
decorator all the way to just before my template rendering code:

start auth decorator function: 2008-04-14 14:59:18.973822
just before template render  : 2008-04-14 14:59:19.869873

So thats about 1 second.

The next section relates to the template rendering:

source, origin = loader.find_template_source('test.html')
time taken was: 0:00:00.004000

template = loader.get_template_from_string(source, origin,
'test.html')
time taken was: 0:00:00.004001

template.render(context)
time taken was: 0:00:00.248014

Thats only a total of at most 2 seconds! I have no idea where the
other 4-5 seconds could be coming from. The above samples were taken
using the Django runtime server to dispatch my
media files, so I can understand that it is a little slower. However,
in our
production environment (where we us apache (with mod_python) to handle
media files)
the end result is only slightly better.

Can anyone think of other areas that might be taking up time?

Regards,
Sebastian