[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 04/23/08 13:40:
> Hello All,
>
> I've been working on a quality control portal that uses some features
> of django. The application is now completely running but the upload of
> large data files is quit slow. I've been looking around how to speed
> things up and the only thing i saw was using ftp upload instead of the
> http file upload.
>
> I want to incorporate this feature in the existing frontend, is there
> something in the newforms library that already covers some of this ?
> If not is it possible to put the ftp upload under the file selection
> box created by the newforms library.
>
> are there any snippets around that show how to use the ftp upload from
> a webapplication ?

There's no way to do that.

> Any help or pointers in the right direction would be greatly
> appreciated.

I've been thinking about the following for an upcoming project where we
have to upload huge video files:

- Use a ftp server which can authenticate against SQL and configure it
to use the django user db.
- Have the user upload files through a normal ftp client into his
personal 'inbox' folder.
- The user then loggs in to the web application and can further process
the files from his ftp inbox. e.g. move them around, assign them to
projects.