About Left Outer Joins:

Would the use of a custom Q object in Django to perform a LEFT OUTER
JOIN require programming in raw SQL or can it be done programming with
the ORM API only? In the first case it does not count as explained in
the document. In the second case I will be happy to amend the slides.

About ByteCode compilation:

Although I agree with your observation below you are comparing apples
with oranges. It is true that you can bytecode compile any python
application but what about templates for example? With one click,
web2py collapses the template hierarchy for each page into a single py
file, then bytecode compiles all models, controllers and templates and
zips everything into a single plug-in package. The main purposes of
this are ease of deplyment and speed since there is no more template
parsing at runtime.

The web2py binary distribution is compiled with py2exe (for widnows)
and py2app (for Mac). That is what cx_freeze can be compared with.

Anyway, if you post an example of a Django bytecode compiled
application and documentation on how to create and deploy it, I will
amend my document to reflect that. If a feature is not tested and not
documented it does not count.

Let me say once again: I like Django and I took inspiration from it.
Great work guys!

Massimo