I was told by my boss that I would be using both django 0.96 and
django trunk on 2 separate projects.  Now I'm not sure how to go about
doing this, as I have been working with only django 0.96 before.  I've
downloaded the trunk version on my desktop, and have tar file of 0.96
also on my desktop.

My boss told me to install them both, and have a different python path
set up depending on which project I am working on.

My worry is that when I install django trunk, it will overwrite and
potentially harm my 0.96 version.

I've read around the web a bit and haven't come across anywhere
explaining hwo to keep both versions up and running.  and I'm sure
it's as simple as a few lines of code in a terminal shell, but I'm not
that familiar with this OS.  Probably a line or two in a settings file
i'm sure.

running Ubuntu 7.10, I have 0.96 up and running currently.  and I have
the source code of django trunk handy.

Thanks in advance