I must be missing something super obvious here, but I can't figure out
how to pass data to a new view, from the old one.

For example, I have the following in a view:

categories = [1,2,3]
return HttpResponseRedirect(
                                reverse('question-select',

args=[position_id],kwargs={'categories':categories}))

A URL pattern of:

url(r'^(?P<position_id>\d+)/question-select/$',
choose_questions,kwargs={'categories':None}, name='question-select' ),

And a 'choose_questions' view of:

def choose_questions(request, position_id, categories=None):

I would *love* to have the value of 'categories' in 'choose_questions'
be [1,2,3], the value I passed to reverse(). However, this isn't
happening. What, if any, is the proper way to pass extra context to a
view like this?

Thanks,
Jay P