I have been trying to setup django on a windows XP machine for almost
4 hours now. Each step of the way I run into a new error that I have
to find a workaround for, which is very unfortunate.

I have django 0.96.2 in my site-packages directory, and python is on
the root of C. I have also added python to my path per instructions i
found on another site, and python shell is now working fine.

Now, when I try to run django-admin.py startproject mysite i get the
following error

ImportError: No module named django.core

I ran many google searches on this error and none of the docs came
back with anything useful to solve my challenge.

I went to the IRC forums and they told me that Django is not on my
path. Well, i had already tried adding to my path per the same
instructions provided for adding python to your path, and the same
error persisted.

I was then told to install SVN and pull from the trunk. I do not feel
that is a valid workaround, because honestly i do not feel it will
solve the problem.

Does anyone have any advice etc on how to resolve this issue? I have
been trying on and off to use Django for over a year and have yet to
get it working completely. I do understand that it is in pre release
stage or whatever, but honestly is it that hard to get an easy to
follow tutorial or something together that actually works for windows
(and instant rails for django would be nice)? I have seen alot of easy
to follow tutorials for windows, but none of them work completely.

Thank you in advance if you have a solution.

Dave