I have been working on an app that enables the completion of IT security
assessments.  A version of it that I used 2 years ago did allow remote
completion of the assessments and I faced this same problem.  I was not
comfortable using the django development server locally (primarily because
of the stern warnings in the documentation not to use it in a production
setting) but it may work fine in your situation. The way I tackled it was
to create an export of the questions from the DB into CSV format and then
created an excel spreadsheet with a macro that "prettified' it. I am not
saying this is the best way to do this, I have since decided that I
will simply not allow 'offline' assessments (something I have the privelage
of), but it may be one way to quickly solve this problem.  The biggest
downside is the lack of data entry validation and control of the format, you
have to trust your remote users very much.  The one advantage was that it
was easy and quick, and allowed me to focus on the server-side reporting
mechanisms, which were ultimately far more important to my users.

I did spend a bit of time thinking about how to accomplish this with a
'local' version of the app, and I would agree with Eric's comments.
Recently the idea of using Google Gears has piqued my interest, but I have
not adequatley researched it to recommend its viability.  The biggest
downside is of course, you're not using django on the local app then.
-richard